Monday, May 22, 2006

Week 14 Progress Report

No progress! That's right I did nothing, absolutely nothing! OK, I did something. I did swim for 45 minutes on Monday morning. That seems like such a long time ago. It was supposed to be a "rest" week, but that is just pathetic. I could list a bunch of excuses, but instead I'm going to focus on jumping back on the wagon.

Today, I started right, with a nice 55 minute run. My weight is still around 244, so I have stalled somewhat, but I brought my meals to work today, and I am ready to go. As I mentioned last week I have actually signed up for some races, so now it is really firming up. Here is a short list of the basics I need to cover before my first race.

1.) Wetsuit. I need one. Do I rent or buy?
2.) Open water swim. Really this can be the scariest part of a triathlon so I should practice a few times. I'm hoping I can try it out at least three times before my first triathlon in August.
3.) Practice transitions. I have done some bricks, but I really haven't practiced laying out my stuff and the order of doing things.

So that is what I am thinking about. This week is going to be busy. Work is busy. Home is busy and now I have to keep busy with training. I am aiming at going back to running on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday; swimming on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday mornings; and biking on Tuesday and Thursday night and Saturday morning. If I get something in each day, then I will take Monday off. Wish me luck!

Post Navigator
First | Previous | Next | Home
More Progress Reports
First | Previous | Next | Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home