Thursday, February 09, 2006

Welcome to my blog!

It has begun. After many false starts I'm now on the path to training for a Triathlon. Certainly I am a long way away from my goal. In all seriousness I haven't even exercised regularly in about eight months, and excercise has never been a large part of my life. I have always been a "big boy" but since being married I have seriously ballooned. Funny how love does that to you. I am well below my max of 280 lbs., but at 263 lbs., even simply jogging is difficult. Nevertheless I am not concerned. Everyone has to start somewhere, and this is where I am. Stay tuned and join in the adventure!

Post Navigator
First | Previous | Next

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,

Congradulations on your ambitios new goal. It must be difficult with all of the demands on your time. I used to run a lot, about 20 miles a week. My knees took a real beating so now I go biking instead. I love mountain biking. Will you be training on a road bike or a mountain bike?

Bill

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Trek road bike. It has been in storage for a year now, so it needs some work, but it will have to do.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,

A trek, me too. I love it. Santa Cruz and the East Bay have a lot of terrific areas for biking. I recently purchased a Cygo-Lite for night riding. It has a NiCad rechargeable battery that fits on your standard water bottle carrier and it uses a couple of 8 watt lamps which definately help illuminate the trails and bike lanes. The battery can run both lamps for approximately 1 hour or you can turn one on and run it for 4-6 hours.

-Bill

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home