Tuesday, November 27, 2007

LA Triathlon Pics

I did the Kaiser Permanente LA International triathlon back on September 9th and have long planned to write up a race report, but I have now given up on that idea. If it hasn't happened yet I ain't gonna happen. But here are a few photos.

Here is a photo of super triathlete Greg Bennett who was the overall men's winner. The LA Triathlon was one of the Lifetime Series and because Bennett won each event of the entire series he cashed in!















Here I am coming out of the water. It was a brutal swim. I had a severe side stich for about half the swim and got clobbered by two waves while coming in. Notice the pink swim cap. All the Clydesdales joined the older women and got to sport this fashionable piece of equipment.














Beginning to recover.















The bike ride was fast and was an excellent tour of some of the most famous parts of LA. The bike course was the best course I have ever done by far. I stayed in the drops for the most part. Here I am coming into T2.








The run was a long slog. I think I had pushed it a little too hard on the bike. I did run/walk thing.











Finally! It was a good race, but I need to work on pacing. I'll definately do it again.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Did you see any famous people?

7:06 PM  
Blogger Paulie said...

I didn't see any celebrities. The're are many celebrities at the Nautica Malibu Triathlon. When I did that race I was standing next to David Duchovny during the singing of the national anthem, and saw many others.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home