Monday, June 11, 2007

Daddy Goes Slow

I did the Redondo Beach Triathlon yesterday. I'll have some photos and a race report up soon, but first I wanted to give you the perspective of my three year old daughter. She is a big fan of Finding Nemo and The Little Mermaid so she is fascinated by the ocean and was excited to go to the beach even though it was five o'clock in the morning as we left the house.

My wife carried her down to the car in a bundle as I gathered last minute stuff. We thought she would quickly go to sleep on the drive over, but her eyes were wide awake. She asked excitedly, "Are we going to the ocean?"

But she seemed most interested in the wildlife. Her one piece of advice to me was, "Watch out for the sharks, Daddy!" We all know how naughty those sharks can be!


When we got home, she drew this picture of me on my bicycle. I like the look on the face -- I look very determined. Not only that, but it looks like I am riding with no hands! I figured I must be going very fast with hair whipping about like that, so I asked her, "Is Daddy riding fast?"

"No. Daddy is riding slow."

Sigh.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bigun said...

Kids - don't cha just love em?

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell her you are pacing!

home fitness

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home