Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Back in the Game

So yesterday I decided to regroup, and today I came back strong. I pigged out yesterday and ate almost 4000 calories. I also drank over 100 oz of water. I gained nearly a pound. This morning would be the test of whether this was going to be enough to get my body going again. I planned a swim/bike brick, but instead decided to do a swim/run since I haven't been able to get a decent run in lately and just had a spin class yesterday. I was not worried about the swim, because swimming just does not tax your cardiovascular system like running does, but I was concerned about the run.

I decided to do a straight 1500 meter swim and then run 4 miles. The swim went well. I think my time is actually improving. Normally it would take me around 45 minutes to do 1500 meters, but I finished in 37 minutes. Then I quickly toweled off, threw on a shirt and my shoes and ran upstairs to the treadmills. I ran the 4 miles in 55 minutes. I could have definitely gone faster, but I was concerned about having heart rate problems and wanted to keep my heart rate under 143 (80% of max). But I finished with no problems and felt really good. Now I'm ready for the rest of the week. I just need to keep eating enough and getting that water down.

Post Navigator
First | Previous | Next | Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home