Thursday, April 20, 2006

Inspiration from Aristotle

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." –Aristotle

Physically, I am feeling rather good this week. I have lots of energy and a good mood. A rest week will have that effect on you. Mentally, it is harder because I have to restrain myself and keep the intensity of my workouts down. Yesterday, for example, I had a good swim for 45 minutes, 15 minutes shorter than my normal swim, but I really wanted to stay longer. I wasn’t tired at all, but then again for a rest week that really is the point. Instead of doing sprints or a long straight endurance set, I focused on my stroke form, breathing and hip rotation. I feel like my kicking is finally starting to gain a little traction.

In other news my weight is at a new low of 248.5 pounds. I need to take some of my suits to the tailor to have them taken in!

Post Navigator
First | Previous | Next | Home
More Inspiration
First | Previous | Next | Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home