Monday, March 20, 2006

Terrible Run This Morning

This morning I went to the gym as usual, and tried to go for a run. My heart rate refused to go over 130 and I started to get some pressure in my chest. I slowed it down to a fast walk and focused on my breathing and got my heart rate down to 120, and then I was ok. I tried to start jogging again, but I would have the same problem. I decided after 20 minutes that my body needs a break, so I stopped my workout early.

I'm a little at a loss for what went wrong. I think this sort of thing is usually a sign of over-training, but last week wasn't very hard. In fact, I had two rest days last week, and my calorie intake over the weekend was pretty high. Sunday was not a hard day either. Saturday was more intense, but not much more than what I have been doing in the last few weeks.

Other possibilities are sleep and dehydration. I did go to bed late last night. I think I have been drinking enough water, but my fat percentage was a bit high on the scale today, which for me is usually a sign of dehydration. So today, I'm going to drink lots of water and get to bed early and see how tomorrow goes. Tomorrow, is my first day cycling.

Post Navigator
First | Previous | Next

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home