Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Inspiration from Emil Zatopek

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." --Emil Zatopek
I have been training non-stop since I have been sick, even when I did not feel like it. I'm proud of that. But I didn't train today. But it wasn't that I didn't want to. It's just that I have come across several suggested training schedules, and they all suggest taking a rest day. I'm a bit skeptical about this, because so long as you don't show signs of over-training such as an elevated resting heart rate or mood problems, then you should be ok. I also believed that swimming and running are sufficiently different activities, utilizing different muscles, such that a swim day really is a rest day for running, and vis-versa. But I needed to get some work done at the office, so I went into work early instead of going to the gym. Bummer. I'll have to not make a habit of it.

Post Navigator
First | Previous | Next
More Inspiration
First | Previous | Next

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home