Friday, March 24, 2006

First Ride

This week I am starting to add in Cycling to my training. I was supposed to do it earlier, but because of the events of Monday it was postponed for a day. Yesterday I hopped onto a spinning bike because my bike is not ready yet. I tried to keep my heart rate below 70%, so it was a very slow ride. I have a hard time keeping my cadence up, even with little to no resistance. I was very frustrated with the spinning bike, because it had only limited adjustment. I found myself too stretched out unless I moved the seat all the way forward, but if I did that all of my upper body weight moved to my hands. The seat was very uncomfortable too. I'm still really sore, and I only road for 40 minutes. My right knee was not too happy. It doesn't hurt, but just feels weird. My next ride will probably be on Sunday, and I'm going to try my own bike. To get a good workout you usually have to spend a lot of time on the bike, but I want to easy into it. I think I might risk injury, if I spend more than an hour on an bike that is not adjusted properly, and I'm still trying to figure out what the adjustments should be.

I had a good swim, this morning. I swam 30 laps in 50 minutes. It was a moderate pace; I certainly wasn't pushing myself too hard. I probably could have gone longer, but I rather not push myself too far. I started to try and do kickflips. I can do them, but only very awkwardly.

Post Navigator
First | Previous | Next | Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home