Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Inspiration from George Washington

I thought I would offer a quote from George Washington today in honor of his birthday.

Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people
who have the habit of making excuses.
- George Washington


I'm good at coming up with excuses. When I look back at my past attempts to exercise more and my attempts to prepare for a triathlon, I understand the reasons for why I stopped, but they seem rather weak now. To succeed, the first thought must always be, "there is a way" and then figure out how to get around the obstacle. You cannot allow yourself to use it as an excuse to stop trying.

I am a perfectionist by personality. This personality trait has oftentimes helped motivate me to do better, but often it has also caused me to give up. If I could not do it all, I would do nothing and then justify it with excuses. All right people, keep me honest! No more excuses.

Post Navigator
First | Previous | Next
More Inspiration
First | Previous | Next

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home