Monday, February 13, 2006

Polar Heart Rate Monitor

Since I am a newbie, I do most of my training at the gym. Running on a treadmill just isn't the same as pounding the pavement, but it does have some advantages. First of all, many of the treadmills in your local gym will work in conjunction with a heart rate monitor strap to measure your exertion. This works really well and is especially useful when you are first starting out. It is really easy to push yourself too hard and crash while on a run if you don't have the experience of listening to your body. Keeping your heart rate in check allows you to pace yourself, and thus put in more time. It is also a good way to keep track of your progress, calories burned, etc.

The monitor that I have is a Polar WearLink. I had another brand, that seemed OK, but it wouldn't work with any of the equipment at my gym. Precor, LifeFitness and other manufacturers are all compatible with Polar. The WearLink also has special encoding which prevents interference from other nearby heart rate monitors. It fits very well, and unlike my other monitor, it always works. Highly recommended.

Post Navigator
First | Previous | Next
Posts on Polar HR Monitors
First | Previous | Next

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home