Monday, July 24, 2006

Week 23 Progress Report

Well, the bad news is that I did not get any training done over the weekend. This is especially troubling given the fact that I really needed a good long bike ride. I has just been too long since I have had a long spell on my bike.

On the other hand I did get to do some things this weekend that I just haven't done in a long time. I had the chance to watch a Sesame Street video with my daughter, and sleep in with my wife. These are truly special treats. Another thing that I haven't done in a long time is cook. I am usually too busy during the week to cook, but I try to cook at least a couple meals on the weekend. But the last few months I have been too busy to even go to the grocery store let alone whip up a meal. I have mostly resorted to sandwiches, canned soup, and take-out. Well, not this weekend. I used my barrel smoker to smoke 4 racks of spare ribs over hickory for 5 hours. My wife took the opportunity to invite a bunch of people, and we had a great big party. it was a lot of fun, but also meant that I spend the whole next day cleaning up. Oh well, it was worth it. But I made too much. I'm going to be eating ribs and bbq sauce all week.

Ok. So here is a breakdown of what I accomplished this week.
Monday: Rest Day
Tuesday: AM swim with LA Tri Club 1400 meters, PM Spin Class 1 hr. 20 min.
Wednesday: 20 min. run and Ocean Swim
Thursday: Rest Day
Friday: Swim 2000 meters
Saturday: Rest Day
Sunday: Rest Day

What can I say. It's pathetic. I got all the swimming done that I wanted, but only one short run and one spin class. Here is my plan for this week. Yes, today is a rest day too, due to the fact that I have a homeowners association meeting tonight. . .

Monday: Rest Day
Tuesday: AM swim with LA Tri Club, PM Spin Class
Wednesday: Run and Ocean Swim
Thursday: Bike Ride!
Friday: Swim/Run brick
Saturday: Long Bike
Sunday: Run

Now that is more like it. Here's to good intentions.

The results of my weighin this morning was 237.5 pounds and 32% body fat. I like the first number, but the second number is preposterous. I was reading 29% just a couple days ago. I'm going to chalk that one up to the fickleness of Tanita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home