Friday, November 30, 2007

FIRST Marathon Training Plan

As I mentioned in an earlier post I'm following the FIRST Marathon Training Plan. the plan I am following is for first time marathoners, but that is not why it is called FIRST. FIRST stands for the Furman Institute of Running & Scientific Training. The plan (as do all of them I believe) is based on the principles I described in post yesterday about the three intensity zones. Every week you have three run sessions and each session focuses on one of these zones. Other days of the week you do cross training. I think these plans are especially valuable for triathletes since we have so much crosstraining to do and rarely have time to run much more than three times a week. I also purchased the FIRST running book and I'll let you all know what I think.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I'm doing my first marathon too! aaahhh!!!!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home