Thursday, February 08, 2007

Starting Up Again

I've been a very bad blogger. I gave myself the excuse that it was ok, becasue I was focusing more of my time on actual training, but I was just fooling myself. My training has been very inconsistent since November. I will do a good week and then not do any training at all for a week and a half. Repeat. I gained 10 lbs from my lowest weight in November, which would not be so bad except I was already trying to lose another 40 lbs by the end of this year. So I am basically starting from scratch.

This time it is going to be different. Why is that? Because I have Wildflower staring down at me at only 12 weeks away. Scary!

So this week I jumped back on the bandwagon. Gently. I did a spin/jog brick on wednesday and today I spent an hour and a half on the trainer at a moderate pace with a few drills thrown in. Tomorrow I plan on hitting the poll and running 4 miles. This weekend is a long bike and a trail run.

I have been doing some trail runs in the last two months, and I have to say that I really dig them. I probably look forward to them the most out of all the training I have been doing. I usually run on part of the Arroyo Trail that runs from South Pasadena up in to the Los Angeles National Forest. I don't run too far so I can vary the terran by just picking different locations to start from. the only problem is that it involves driving to the trail which costs time, a very precious commodity.

In other news, I was just informed that I was selected in the Escape to Alcatraz Triathlon lottery. I really want to do an event in the Bay Area and swiming the SF bay sounds really cool. I also don't know how hard it is to get a lottery spot. If I don't take this opportuntiy I'm not sure when it may come again, but I'm still not sure yet if I will do it or not. First there is the money. I think entry is almost three hundred right now. The second reason is also the money. A hotel room would probably cost another two hundred. The third reason is not money. It is the simple fact that I might not be able to make the cutoff time for the swim. The swim is 1.5 miles (2414 meters) in difficult conditions, and the cutoff time is at an hour. Right now I can swim about 2200 meters in the pool in an hour. I hopefully will get faster over the next couple months, but that is cutting it really close. It would be a real shame to go all that way, and spend all that money and not make the swim cutoff. I have until Feb. 28th to make up my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home