Friday, December 01, 2006

I'm In!

I just registered for my first "A" race of the year. Wildflower. I was a little torn between the Olympic distance and the half-iron distance that eveyone is familiar with. But frankly I don't think I could handle the half-iron. The course is really hilly and said by many to be equivalent in intensity to a full ironman distance event. Uhh. No. I haven't even done an olympic distance event yet. So I am doing the olympic, and it will still be very, very hard. Lots of hills. Lots. It is not easy to get my Clydesdale butt over hills.

The event is really one big triathlon party with thousands of people all camping out. There is a club competition too, and I was a little torn with who I should sign up with. I have been in the LA Tri club for a while, and as always they will be there in force. But the tri-blog world is also convening on wildflower as well. The tri-blog alliance will be their, and raceAthlete will be there as well, both of which I am proudly a part. It will be great to see all my fellow tri-bloggers, but which group should I pick? Well, I decided to just register as a LA Tri Club member because I have my race kit already, a Louis Garneau triskin. I just need to lose a few pounds to fit in it. So there you go . . .even more motivation.

As you may know, November was NaBloPoMo. That's National Blog Posting Month. The idea is that you should post to your blog at least once a day. Well, let's just say that I went in another direction. It means that I have lots to post about, and I will be catching you all up in the coming week. Mostly I have been keeping up with the training, but not this past week. Work just overwhelmed me and I fell off the wagon with not only my training, but my diet as well. But I am now back on track with my diet for the past few days and will do my first run in over a week tomorrow.

So in short. I'm back! The journey to Wildflower starts now.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger S. Baboo said...

I really wanted to do Wildflower when I saw all the tri bloggers jumping on board but I am already committed to doing the Las Palomas triathlon in Rocky Point, Mexico with my local tri club, the New Mexico Outlaws. Anyhow, as the club president I need to be there to make sure the gang is out in force and as an Outlaw…well, you just have to head south of the border sometimes.

Good choice on the Olympic. Maybe you can catch the big end-o-the-season half at Soma. There will be at least three other raceAthlete Clydes there and if I can identify others I'll bug them as well. It could become the raceAthlete Clydesdale show down.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

I'm usually happy with the coast I live on, but it's times like these that I would love to be living as close as you guys are to Wildflower. Color me green. Should be an amazing time!

12:44 PM  
Blogger TRI Vortex said...

Wow, Wildflower. I'm in the same boat, I haven't done an Olympic yet but its in my plans for next year. I've only done one sprint but I'm hooked. I don't think I would try to tackle Wildflower as my first Olympic. Good on ya. TRI-Geek hoooooooo.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home